Friday, November 19, 2010

Seokyang recital

My main school, Seokyang, had a school-wide recital last Friday. Because I'm at Seokseong on Thursdays and Fridays, I missed the actual performance but I did see the dress rehearsal on Wednesday. It was absolutely adorable! Here are some pictures.

Hannah and Chuck, the sixth grade emcees. Hannah is not actually a midget - Chuck is almost my height, and she does happen to be pretty short.

4th grade Korean mask dancing

3rd grade. Left to right: Kylie, Aaron, Sarah, Ian. Every day Aaron comes up to my desk and says, "Hello, Miss Kretch. How's the weather today?" I reply, "Hi, Aaron. It's cold/sunny/cloudy/foggy etc." Then I ask him how's the weather, and he parrots back whatever I just said. It's adorable because I think he's trying to talk to me, but this is kind of the only English he knows.


6th grade sign language. The kid in the back left is Elliott, my student who likes to eat paper. ("Teacher, paper, delicious!")


5th grade taekwondo



6th grade drum performance


4th grade rhythmic jump rope


3rd grade dance. The little boy in the front right is Thunderer. I learned from another native teacher that he has a Thunderer and several Ices as well, apparently the names are from a comic.

5th grade. Don't these skirts/shorts make you think of St. Tom's uniforms?


1st grade



Kindergarten

1st grade emcees


Apartment crawl! My friend from Paris study abroad, Misa.



Apartment crawl: Celina, me, Gena, Elise, and Misa




I was the most impressed with this performance by the third grade.

One of the sign language numbers the sixth grade did. The best part is Isaac, front and center. He appears to be the only one really making any kind of effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment