Sunday, November 21, 2010

A great story, plus a few random details

I've been meaning to mention this but keep forgetting, so here it is: the toilet seats at Seokyang are heated. Yes, heated. During the hot months I was absolutely repulsed by this because it was already super hot and then you go into the bathroom and sit down on ugh, a warm seat. However. Now that it's winter, it's an amazing luxury! No cold porcelain or plastic! Also on a bathroom note, the Seokseong bathroom has motion sensors that turn on the lights AND cue music. Pomp and Circumstance is often on, which makes for an amusing trip to the bathroom.

Now for the story. Last Friday I ran into Kevin in Dongnam. Here is the conversation.

Kevin: Celina texted me today. *pulls out phone* She was mostly just confirming what I already knew.
Me: *reads text message* "the other teachers say kevin teacher is most handsome native teacher. haha."
Kevin: I don't know if they just mean Buyeo, but I'm going to go ahead and assume they mean all of Korea.

Cue dinner with Celina later.

Me: I read that text you sent Kevin about him being the most handsome teacher.
Celina: Yeah, it was hilarious. All the female teachers were talking about something in the teachers' lounge in the morning, and they were like, "Celina, we talk to you at lunch." So I go to lunch and they're like, "Celina, you Hong Kong, right?"
Celina: "Yes."
Teachers: "But you England, right?"
Celina: "Yes."
Teachers: "Ooooh, there's very handsome English teacher from England here!"
Celina: "What's his name?"
Teachers: "We don't know."
Celina: "What's he look like?"
Teachers: "Handsome!"
Celina: "Uh, is his name Kevin?"
Teachers: "Yes! Kevin Teacher, very handsome!"
Male teacher: "Yes, handsome!"

Apparently Kevin's co-teacher told everyone else he is very handsome. I told him from now on I'm going to call him Handsome Kev, or just Handsome for short.

No comments:

Post a Comment