Sunday, September 26, 2010

Orientation

So today I got a nasty dose of Korean last-minute-ness... a surprise email from the Chungnam Office of Education (CNOE) saying oh hey by the way, you have teachers' orientation this Friday, Oct. 1st-Sunday Oct. 3rd. Please note that your attendance is mandatory. Well, good thing I didn't have any plans- Oh wait, I totally did. Friday is the Seokseong field trip and this weekend the Buyeo Benders are on tour for our soccer game against the women's military team in Seoul. Not me anymore I guess. I suppose the only good thing is I didn't actually have any non-changeable plans, i.e. a flight or something, like real travel plans. But I am seriously irked that I got about three days notice that I'm required to be somewhere for three days, so I guess I'd better pack a bag because I'm going to Asan (wherever that is) to the Korea Institute of Financial Advising for orientation (you know, the thing you usually do when you first get somewhere, not a month after you've already been here).

My principal has "selected" me to play in the special "principal's volleyball" game tomorrow. Apparently 20 principals are coming and we're all playing volleyball? I don't really get it, all I know is none of the other other teachers are playing, just me and the principal I guess. Perhaps it's Show Off Your Foreigner Day? But hey, it gets me out of teaching my sixth grade after school class. Mr. Kim will be taking over because I'm supposed to report to the gym at 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment