Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bad weather blues

So on Friday night I was packed and ready to go for my 5K and concert on Saturday. I had to teach some Saturday classes (extra classes for gifted students), and I had a plan of attack for getting from school to the 5K. Then as I was about to fall asleep, didn't I get a phone call from my friend Jason who was the point man on operation runcert. He said he'd gotten a text from the organization and they were cancelling the whole thing on account of the weather. I couldn't believe it! I was so disappointed. So to sum it up, it was really and truly cancelled and all my weekend plans, including my first 5K and a free concert, were blown.

Instead I ended up going into Seoul to meet my friend Hannah, who had already bought a ticket because she was headed this way for the run and concert. We got lunch and bought some accessories for the Lady Gaga concert this Friday.

Speaking of Lady Gaga, did you know she has these freaky bones in her face and shoulders now? She looks eerily like an alien from Star Trek. I'm vaguely terrified to see her in person now.

I had my gifted 1st and 2nd grade classes on Saturday, and it's crazy how smart the first graders are. They are LOUD and participative (that's not actually a word) and really good at English.

No comments:

Post a Comment