Wednesday, March 7, 2012

#winningmoments

So I have many random amusing moments, so let's see if blogspot will let me keep updating this and then have it pop up as new. Starting... now!

#winningmoment1
While playing Family Feud with the first grade. Question: Who do you least want to argue with?
5 teams: Parents!
Sixth team: Drunken!

#winningmoment2
During winter camp, I had a perpetually late student, a good boy named Gwangseok. After three days, I finally asked him what was wrong.
Me: Gwangseok, why are you late all the time?
Him: Ummm.... traditional... Korean man... (consults with other student) surgery? *points to groin*
Me: What?!
Him (more confidently): Yes! Traditional Korean man surgery!
Me: Just... stop explaining.

#winningmoment3
During camp, we had paper cups for the end of the week pizza party. The kids kept wanting them for water, so I stopped giving them out.
Gwangseok: Teacher, paper cup please?
Me (suspiciously): Why?
Gwangseok (waves at groin): Uh, man surgery?
Me (resigned): Just... take it. I don't even want to know.

#winningmoment4
Google Image'd "cross your fingers" to demonstrate. Got topless model photos. I was in the teachers office surrounded by people. Nice.

#winningmoment5
The students have to clean the school, so we have a group assigned to the English room. While supervising yesterday, one of my boys said, "Clean fast today!" and then mumbled to the other students in Korean about how his stomach hurt. A smart alec type went up to me and said, "Teacher! After clean, he go to the home and poo-poo!" then laughed hysterically.

#winningmoment6
Minhaeng: Hi, Teacher!
Me: Hi, Minhaeng. How are you?
Minhaeng: I can't complain!



No comments:

Post a Comment