Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flushed with victory

Three major victories today.

One - my team won trivia... again. Basically, we are awesome. I love winning because you get money for it, which means that I get to eat a burger and drink a beer for free. And that is great. I was especially glad we won because my team didn't listen to my opinion on two answers which turned out to be correct. One was, "Who was People magazine's most recent Sexiest Man Alive?" and the answer was Bradley Cooper, but my team thought he was the winner several years ago, so they went with Ryan Reynolds. I said he wasn't famous enough, and the answer turned out to be Bradley Cooper. The other one was something about a 6'6" inventor who was one of the most brilliant men ever reportedly died a virgin due to taking a vow of celibacy, and I suggested Tesla (honestly, for lack of a better answer), and I forgot who we went with but the answer was definitely Tesla. Regardless, we won so no harm no foul.

Two - today I glared a class of unruly 15 year olds into silence in less than five seconds. A new record. It was fantastic... they were supposed to be practicing their English self-introductions and then reciting them to the teachers one by one, and instead they were screwing around. When I couldn't hear the boy trying to introduce himself to me, I gave Superman laser vision to the rest of the class (I wasn't even standing at the front) and they shut up immediately. I didn't even have to say anything. It was magical.

Three - I haven't twisted my hair since Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment