Wednesday, August 31, 2011

East coast pictures

To start things off, here's a large, framed photo of myself that is now immortalized in Seokseong Elementary School.
Sokcho lighthouse


View of Sokcho

Sokcho beach

Downtown Sokcho, Expo Tower

Seoraksan National Park

The "path" up the mountain. Imagine this, but for three hours. Sometimes I had to get on all fours to hoist myself up!


This is the part where I literally lost the trail. I have no idea where you're supposed to go from here.

I made it to the cloud line! Only three hours of intense uphill hiking.



Map of the national park. The recommended route had you go left from the "You are here" arrow, all the way to Madeongpeong Peak, then south to Daecheongbong Peak. Essentially, the entire park.

I rewarded myself with this delicious, all you can eat barbeque dinner. All of this cost me $12.

North Korean submarine at Jeongdongjin

Entrance to the sub

Very cramped. You could borrow hard hats to go inside.

Inside the sub


North Korean refugee boat

Decommissioned South Korean warship. Made in America, actually.

Depth charges on the warship

View of Jeongdongjin beach from the warship

Check out the barbed wire lining the coast.


The bike I rented in Gangneung.

Gyeonpo Beach, Gangneung - the largest beach in SK, I believe

Public art, Gyeonpo Beach, Gangneung

It reminded me of the Bean!

Gyeonpo Lake, Gangneung




Walking to Hwanseongul, the limestone caves. Yet more walking uphill.



This was called "The Bridge to Hell." Am I the only person who immediately thinks of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

View through the slats of the "Bridge of Confessions." Kind of scary.

Haesindang Park, Sinnam


Penis Zodiac sculptures



No comments:

Post a Comment